CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 3 February 2013

Sunday something


Climbing a mountain



Prospective Everest climbers train in a variety of ways. Swimming, running, biking, weight lifting andclimbing are all excellent ways to improve physical condition. Endurance, stamina, and strength are all necessary. In anticipation ofweight loss on Everest, most prospective climbers try to gain a little weight before their trip.

For me life is like climbing a mountain , I visualise Everest as the highest and most climbed big mountain.
For me without my faith I would not be able to do the life journey I am on at the moment.
Four years ago when my marriage was on a  down hill slalom it was my faith and friends that enabled me to survive.
Yes I did use anti depressants , but I did not rely on them.
I relied on God  my training which as a Christian is life long involves reading my bible, prayer , fellowship and worship.

There were times when I never thought I would get to base camp , but I did and I continued on.
There are times when I am sure I can see the summit but then suddenly I start free falling back down to the previous camp.

This is hard because nobody likes to take steps backwards but that is life ,life is not perfect  I have to accept that I also have to accept that there are influences in life hat try to knock me back down or I even do it to myself.

It is Sunday and really I should go to church today but guess what Iam not and I am ot going to feel guilty that I have not gone instead I will go upstairs read a study and have UCB Radio on in the background.
Ok I am off to next camp if the mountain experience was good enough for Moses and if agood bought the Ark to rest on top of a mountain it's good enough for me.


Then there's the Martin Luther King Jr. speech, "I've Been to the Mountaintop." He, too, saw the Promised Land but didn't live to reach it.
".Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered this speech in support of the striking sanitation workers at Mason Temple in Memphis, Tenn., on April 3, 1968 - the day before he was assassinated.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for visiting today. I would love to hear from you.